Finish-it February part II

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my framing. I really appreciate it!

I'm pretty pleased with the results myself. I think I've spent a quarter of what I would have done if I'd got them framed professionally. Of course the choice of frames is a bit limited if you buy them off the peg, and not all stitching is a standard size, so here's one I had to have made up specially. I had a bit of a battle convincing the framer I wanted a frame made but didn't want her to frame the embroidery!


Strawberry Garden by Blackbird Designs
Stitched on 32ct Toitoi from Countrystitch with all recommended threads except WDW Mascara (substituted DMC 310)


And this is the same frame as the one on Their Song but it worked for this one too.


The Token by Long Dog Designs
Stitched one over one on 32ct Haystack evenweave from Countrystitch using Gloriana Cranberry


And I nearly finished Spring Snapperland - I finally added all the buttons but I'm one short - I used up the shop's stock of yellow so the last one is on order!


Spring Snapperland by Bent Creek
Stitched on 32ct Pearl Grey Belfast with recommended threads. Buttons substituted for snappers


I have the Spring Snapperland charts up for grabs - complete with their snappers. If anyone would like them let me know!

Lastly, you may have spotted most of the photos are taken outside. It's been GLORIOUS this weekend (and still is). My hanging basket is flowering madly - it feels like spring!

Comments

  1. wow.. more amazing framing..
    you are powering along getting everything done.. you are like a whirl wind atm..
    i am in awe of your ability to frame on top of your amazing stitching!
    you are so totally a stitching hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....Nicki...you've done a super de super job of it all...seriously gorgeous...all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Nicki, all your framing is so beautiful! I especially LOVE Strawberry Garden... I so want to stitch this! Have you made up your mind where to hang them all yet? :)

    It's been lovely here too (weather wise) this weekend... it's even starting to get lighter for longer in the late afternoon... I do love winter, but by February? roll on the spring please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I asked here about buying the frame but not having the framing done, they said they always add a surcharge for that sort of thing. Wasn't much cheaper than actually having the framing done. :(

    But your pieces look gorgeous! Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I'm usually not that into the Blackbird designs pieces (I know - sacrilege!) but that one really attracts me for some reason. It's a lovely design, and you did a great job finishing it.

    And I can't believe you stitched that Long Dog over 1 on 32 count. That's IMPRESSIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks fabulous! You're a framing pro!

    I love the idea of using buttons instead of snaps for the Snapperland charts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely framing Nicki and your snapperland finish is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:03 am

    You're going great guns with your finishing! Both framed pieces look great, but I especially love Strawberry Garden (probably because I've just finished mine :D). The green works so well for that. I took Their Song to the framer today (along with 3 other pieces)

    Spring Snapperland looks wonderful too - congratulations!

    I love your banner and your hanging basket - hasn't the weather been gorgeous recently? Far too early, but the sunshine is very welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're beautiful, Nikki! I love The Token. That's one of my WIPs that isn't getting much attention right now due to other projects. Yours is so beautiful that it makes me want to go home and stitch on it right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a fantastic job on your framings. I wish I could do that myself as well but I think I would not have the patience...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks lovely Nicki - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your finished pieces are just gorgoeus! I especially love Strawberry Garden - I just got the chart late last year. I hope mine comes out as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, Love, LOVE the wide border you left around The Token :) Congratulations on the great framing jobs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great job of finishing! Hope you have lots of wall space left.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:09 am

    beautiful! all of them! and I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Nicki - they are all beauties! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your framing job is outstanding! The Strawberry Garden one is so very pretty. If you can't find a place to hang it....:-D And congrats on finishing Spring Snapperland too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your self framing it all looks fantstic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, more of beautiful works!!
    The Strawberry Garden is so stunning in the frame!
    I have the same kit, but haven't been able to start it yet...
    As seeing your beautiful work, I feel like starting it as soon as possible!

    By the way, I have just sent you an e-mail, it's from hotmail (sorry, I can't use normal e-mail address at the moment, somehow...), so it might be in the spam box or junk mail box, please check it!
    Thank you!

    Yuko from Japan

    ReplyDelete
  21. More beautiful framing! Congrats on the finish too - I like how you substituted buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts