Dreams and a moon

Thank you so much for all the bird suggestions. I really appreciate them all and there are some great ones that will almost definitely get stitched at some point. A special thank you though to Melissa (whose own sampler wall was partly responsible for my desire to do one!) I had been thinking that Frederick from Carriage House Samplings was lovely, but I had no idea there was a Frederika too! How did I miss that? I think either (or both) would fit in perfectly.


We have a tiny house so I don't know where this mythical wall will be, but I'm enjoying dreaming! I want to do a ship/sailing wall too - Shores and 1797 Ship Sampler from CHS and Plymouth Sampler from The Sampler Company are lined up for that!


And of course one day in this mythical place with wall space I will also have a Blackbird Designs wall - I already have a couple stitched and framed and here's Moon Garden well on the way...


The Willow thread (the main stem and border) is a lot paler than in the chart photo but I decided I quite liked it anyway. It works well against the dark fabric.

Ah well, off to stitch and dream of wall space. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. Moon Garden is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moon Garden is coming along nicely! For me, one of the most enjoyable aspects of stitching is the dreaming of how things will come together once they're framed/finished. I figure, even if I ever do run out of wall space, I'll just keep stitching and maybe swap samplers around from time to time. ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're off to a great start with Moon Garden. I have to agree with Siobhan that one of the most enjoyable things about stitching is envisioning how everything will look together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty start on Moon Garden! I also have dream walls. Isn't it fun stitching and planning for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I don't have an abundance of wall space either, I 'd say that the bigger dream for me is having pockets deep enough to frame them all (finding the space? Well...I'll work that out next. :D)

    Moon Garden is enchanting. I love the colours, even if different from picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start on Moon Garden! I love your wall ideas. I hope you can bring them to fruitation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how Moon Garden is coming along. So pretty!! And I love the idea of a ship/sailing wall. I think I need one too, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the compliment about the sampler wall. I'm glad you found out that Frederick had a mate! ;-)

    It's fun to stitch and dream how things may come together. Sometimes surprises will happen that take you to a different direction and that's ok too. A ship sampler wall, o my! I've been thinking about that too - I have about 3 ship designs I want to stitch!

    Your Moon Garden is fabulous! It will just glow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MG is looking just lovey so far, Nicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh! You have such great ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your start on Moon Garden.

    Your dreams of wall space sound like mine. Granted I would have to actually finish things and get them framed first. heh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts