Book review - The Ape Who Guards the Balance by Elizabeth Peters


Published:
Harper Collins, 1999
Genre:
Historical mystery
Synopsis:
Amelia Peabody and her family are not looking forward to a rather dull 1906/7 archaeological season in Egypt. Then they get involved in attempted abductions, murder, and tomb robbing. With the appearance of the Master Criminal again, the season is going to be anything but dull!
What did I think?
I got bogged down a little in this one,but that's probably my fault for getting distracted by Christine Feehan (see previous post) rather than the fault of the book. Having read the book before this one in the series, it was easier to follow who was who and what was going on, and, once again, it's Elizabeth Peter's witty way of writing that appeals. It certainly won't be the last one of hers I read!
Would I recommend?
Yes, but read the earlier ones in the series first.
Would I read again?
Probably.
Score?
3.5 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts