Book review - Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop


Published:
Roc, 1998
Genre:
Fantasy
Synopsis:
A Black Widow Witch foresees the coming of a Queen with more power than anyone has ever imagined. 700 years later, a young girl hides her power and the world is a place of greed, politics, power, and ruthlessness. Whoever controls the Queen controls the Darkness and the world.
What did I think?
First I want to say a big thank you to Annette for recommending these! This is a fantastic book. Beautifully written. Absorbing. Fascinating. It's the first of a trilogy (why do fantasy novels always come in threes?) and I can't wait to start the next one. It's dark, sensual, and the best book I've read so far this year. This is a keeper for sure.
Would I recommend?
YES! If you haven't read this and you like fantasy go out and get it at once!
Would I read again?
Absolutely. Lots of times.
Score?
A whopping 5 out of 5. It deserves it.

Comments

Popular Posts