How many?

Here's this week's Image hosted by Photobucket.com question:

How many books do you read in a week? Month? Year?
This is an easy one to answer. I've been keping a track of all the books I've read since the beginning of 1998, and earlier this year I added them all up and averaged them. It turns out I read an average of exactly one book per week.

What's the best book or series of books you've read so far this year?
Another easy one. The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. I've only read the first one so far but it was superb, and the second one's shaping up to be the same.

What's the worst book you read this year? Did you finish it?
I haven't read any really bad books this year, but the vote for the least memorable must go to The Stormy Petrel by Mary Stewart. I usually love Mary Stewart, so when I found this in the library I was very happy. I was sure I'd never read it. It was OK, but disappointing (2 out of 5). Then a month or so later we got bookcases and sorted out our books, and guess what I found? I had a copy! And I know I must have read it. But I had no recollection AT ALL! Obviously not memorable!

Comments

Popular Posts