Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Look at these!

I've been stitching away on Midi Mystery I (the colours are just fantastic - I love it!), and yesterday I did a section of bricks to see what it looked like. The instructions say two or three strands of silk, so, being miserly with my silks, I did the first brick with two. But the coverage just didn't look right. So I frogged (if only all frogging was as easy as rhodes stitches!) and tried three strands. And wow! They look like real bricks. You know, the old ones that stand out in the middle. It's amazing. I was gobsmacked. Martina's outdone herself this time! I've taken a pic from low down to try to show you what I mean.

The Rhodes bricks...


One arch is done and the other is a quarter done. Just the bottom outline to go. There's a lot of stitching in this part!

No comments:

Post a Comment