The Belgariad

A more specific Image hosted by Photobucket.com this week:

"There seem to be quite a few people in addition to me who have read David Eddings' series, The Belgariad, multiple times. So, this week, a few questions about these books."

1. First, have you read this five-book series? If so, how many times?
Yes I have. I read it years and years ago when it first came out and I think I've read it twice more since then. In fact, I loaned the first book out, never got it back, and specifically went and rebought it to keep the collection complete.

2. What brings you back to read this story again?
I think it's the simple style of the story and the writing. It's easy to read. Maybe it's also the fact that I first read it when I was a teenager and it now reminds me of that time and home and family. It's like comfort reading.

3. Who are your favorite characters? Why?
It's been quite a while since I read it, but I remember Polgara quite clearly. Probably because I like strong female characters.

4. If you could magically be a part of their saga, would you? Would you want to take the place of one of the characters, or be someone new?
I don't think I would, but I might reread the books soon to have a think about that!

Comments

Popular Posts