Dinner party

Eek! Laura at Image hosted by Photobucket.com asked for some ideas for questions and she's used one of mine, which I had no idea how to answer LOL! After a lot of consideration, here's what I've come up with:

1. Which three authors would you invite to a dinner party (they can be dead)?
Urgh! I had such trouble deciding but it would be Jane Austen, Elizabeth Peters, and Margery Allingham.

2. Why?
Jane Austen because I love her books. They're funny and clever and I think she must have been itching to let go and really say what she thought about Regency life. I'd love to know what her life was really like and I think she'd be fascinated with women's lives today.
Elizabeth Peters because I love her books too and because she's an Egyptologist and I've always had a hankering to be an archaeologist. I'd want to quiz her on Egypt and her life as an Egyptologist.
Margery Allingham was the hardest choice. In the end I picked her because I love her books and of the last remaining candidates I think she's probably got the better sense of humour (just think of some of the names of her characters) and lived in the more interesting period.

3. Would they get along?
I think so. They're all women - oddly no men even made the dinner party shortlist! - with senses of humour and writing about strong characters. Elizabeth Peters and Margery Allingham could compare 'whodunnit' notes too.

Comments

Popular Posts