Fantasy anyone?

A Image hosted by Photobucket.com that's right up my street!

"Roger Zelazny's Amber series, J.R.R. Tolkein's Lord of the Rings, David Eddings' Belgariad, and Stephen R. Donaldson's Thomas Covenant trilogies, are all classic examples of fantasy. None of them are books either of my parents would ever consider reading. I've devoured them all... And more."

1. Do you like to read fantasy?
Oh yes! It's probably my most read genre.

2. What's your favorite (or least favorite if you don't like the genre) thing about reading fantasy?
I suppose that the main characters are usually strong-willed and overcome all sorts of difficulties to reach their happy ending. Although bad things always happen, you know it's going to work out in the end. And good and bad is so clearly defined, not like in the real world. Generally, the real world is nastier.

3. Do you prefer regular people placed in alternate realities, like the Thomas Covenant stories and the Amber books, or do you prefer the whole world to come from the author's imagination? Or something else?
Thinking about my favourites, they're all set in completely imaginary worlds. Not necessarily elves and goblins but a different world to ours entirely. Usually somewhere where industry doesn't exist and life is simpler.

4. Do you have a favorite author or theme that you go back to again and again?
My all-time favourite author would have to be Marion Zimmer Bradley and my favourite series would have to be her Darkover books. I re-read at least one or two a year and I've been reading them for about 20 years now I suppose. I can highly recommend them!

Comments

Popular Posts