Knights of the Round Table

It's Friday, so it's Image hosted by Photobucket.com (it's the time difference!)

"Whether based in fact or fiction, the legends of King Arthur have been the inspiration for many novels including Le Morte D'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory, The Once and Future King by T. H. White, The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Arthurian Saga series by Mary Stewart, and even A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain, to name just a few."

1. Do you enjoy reading the legends of the King Arthur and the knights of the round table?
I love Arthurian legend! I was really into it all when I was a teenager and read all of the above except for the Mark Twain (yes, even Le Morte D'Arthur - in english of course). I also read The History of the Kings of Britain by Geoffrey Monmouth, which is supposed to be one of the very first mentions of Arthur.

2. How long ago did you read them?
Most of the above were read in my late teens, so that's, well, quite a while ago! I have reread The Mists of Avalon though, and I can highly recommend Bernard Cornwell's series, which I've read twice, the last time a couple of years ago.

3. Will you ever read more of them or re-read any that you've read before?
I'd like to reread Le Morte D'Arthur - it's been so long since I read it. I'd definitely read more Arthurian books, but not the romantic versions any longer. I'd rather read something more realistic than knights in armour and ladies in fancy gowns. If Arthur existed (and I believe he did in some form or another), it was way before medieval knights. That's why I recommend Bernard Cornwell's version - more realistic I believe.

Comments

Popular Posts