Book review - Murder on the Ballarat Train by Kerry Greenwood




Genre, Published:
Mystery/amateur detective, 2005 (republished)
Synopsis:
When the glamorous Phryne Fisher decides to leave her delightfully fast, red Hispano-Suiza at home and travel to the country in the train, the last thing she expects is to have to use her trusty Beretta .32 to save her and her companion's lives. What was planned as a restful country sojourn turns into the stuff of nightmares: a young girl who can't remember anything and the body of an old woman. And Phryne has to unravel the puzzle before another murder is committed.
What did I think?
This is the third Phryne (pronounced fry-knee) Fisher novel (I haven't found the second one in the shops yet!), and it's just as good as the first. The same sort of stuff as in the other one - murder, mystery, a bit of fashion, an aside with a lovely young man, and a bit of 1920s Melbourne. It's fun, easy to read, and worth the effort.
My review of the first one is here by the way!
Would I recommend?
Yes!
Would I read again?
Yes. I think these will be reread on a regular basis!
Score?
4 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts