A few things

There's a compilation of questions this week on Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1. What are your five favorite books of all time? Why did they make the list?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - because I love its wit.
The Dark is Rising sequence by Susan Cooper - because 30ish years later it's still on my bookshelf.
Jemima J. by Jane Green - because it's the best chick-lit I've ever read.
The Neglected Mountain by Malcolm Saville - because it's the best of the Lone Pine series and I still feel the same reading it as I did when I was about 13.
The Shattered Chain by Marion Zimmer Bradley - because it's one of the best of the Darkover series and I'm making myself pick one only.

2. What's the earliest book you can remember? Do your family read? Who encouraged you to read?
I don't know what it was called, but it was a little book of nursery rhymes. I can remember sitting on my grandad's knees while he read to me and bounced me up and down ('this is the way the ladies ride... this is the way the gentlemen ride....').
Everyone in my family reads but it was my great-aunt M who bought me all the Enid Blyton Famous Five and Secret Seven books (one per month!), and a whole lot more besides, who really got me into it.

3. Reference books—do you have any? Why do you have the ones you do? Do you use them?
We have loads!! Why - it depends on the type. History because it's a particular interest, gardening for practical information and help, business related ones for business (no surprise there!), cookery for use, general ones for general knowledge.
And yes, we use them. I doubt I've read many from cover to cover, but I have read a good proportion of most of them!

Comments

Popular Posts