Tuesday, November 01, 2005

October stitching report

Last month started really badly from a stitching point of view - I frogged a whole day's worth of stitching on Midi I and a whole arch on my round robin. I even had a very mini stitching slump. I also retired two pieces for consideration/restarting - the first time I've ever done that. Then I started a rotation, and it was all sunshine and roses!

Progress:
Midi I - a little bit of part 4 completed to my satisfaction, but I'm going to frog the restart of the bit I frogged before and try it for a third time. I still don't like the shading on the dress
Petal Fairy - two good day's stitching
Character Creations sample pieces - three day's progress
Mystery VIII - part 1 and centre nearly complete. I saw a lot of people had voted for this in the recent poll, so I got it out for the WIP bit of my rotation last week. I was hoping to finish part 1 and the centre, but book group, cinema, and a day with the parents took over my usual stitching! Anyway, here's how much I got done. Just some more metallic stitching and the beads to add on these parts. It's stitched on Sikweaver's Mountain Mist:



Finishes:
Seasonal round robin round 1
Birthday exchange part 1

Starts:
Fantastical Cats
A Touch of Frost
Christmas ornie for my mum and dad

Retired for restarting
Owl and the Pussycat
Heart of the World

For November: I'm stitching to my rotation! Top priorities on days when I have an option will be Christmas ornaments for all the parents. I also need to get back to Alpine Seasons this month, and I'd like to do my Quaker exchange piece too.

1 comment:

  1. O! How pretty! Glad you decided to pull that one out of the UFO pile!

    ReplyDelete