Collecting authors

Another Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1. Are you currently collecting any authors? Why?
Gosh let me see. I don't have much money to spend on books right now - especially here where they're so expensive - but I am collecting the reprints of Clare Mallory, Elsie J Oxenham, and Elinor M. Brent Dyer's Chalet School. I allow myself to buy these because they're limited printing runs and they go out of print fast. As the unabridged hardbacks are either incredibly rare or hard to find, I think it's worth it.
If money was no object I'd also finish my collections of (in no particular order and off the top of my head): Nancy Atherton, Ngaio Marsh, Kerry Greenwood, Elizabeth Peters, Christine Feehan, Margery Allingham, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Mercedes Lackey, Joanne Harris, Anne McCaffrey, PD James, etc, etc. Too many to mention really.

2. Do you have all of their books? If not, why not?
I don't think I have a COMPLETE collection of any author except maybe Jane Austen (or authors that have only written a book or two of course)! Why not - financial reasons and space mainly. I got rid of quite a lot of books when we moved (we had 40 boxes of books as it was) and we just don't have room to keep buying. And not enough money! And also I keep finding new authors and getting sidetracked...

3. Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there?
I do have a few job lots that I got off ebay, but mostly I buy a book at a time.

4. Have you actually read all the collection? If not, why not?
I've read almost all the books I own, but not all the books by all the authors listed above. The library is good - but not that good!

Comments

Popular Posts