Lending

I've not been good at answering Image hosted by Photobucket.com recently, but here's this week's:

1. Do you lend your books to other people?
Yes I do. Some of them anyway. There are some I'd never lend out because they're hard to get, out of print, or I love them too much. But regular paperbacks I do loan out.

2. If so, do you get them back?
Not often enough! I must admit, I've lost a load of books I've lent out and never got back. And a few returned all tattered and battered. But sometimes I'm surprised and a book I thought I'd never see again finds its way home!

3. What do you do if they're not returned? Send the police? Stop speaking to the borrower? Storm the house and take them back?
Swear I'll never lend out another book again and then promptly offer one to someone else! And fume quietly rather than cause a confrontation. A family member has several of my books and I've gone out and bought replacements rather than ask for them back... Ridiculous I know!

Comments

Popular Posts