Vacation

Another week, another Image hosted by Photobucket.com ....

1. How many books do you usually take with you on vacation? Too many? Too few? Do you still have room to pack clothes?
Vacation? What vacation? LOL! The last holiday we had was November 2003 (and that was staying with family - our last REAL holiday was February 2001!)
It depends on the type of holiday I suppose. If it's a 'running around seeing the sights' holiday I usually don't read much and have too many books. If it's a 'sitting around doing nothing' holiday I usually read all my books and end up reading Martin's too!

2. What kind of books do you read on vacation?
Anything. Whatever I fancy, but often lighter stuff than I might read at home. A really easy read for the journey and then easy-ish reading for the rest of the time. Fantasy, chick-lit, murder and mystery, maybe even historical romance.

3. Do you read the same kind of books when you're on vacation as when you're at home?
Generally yes. Although for a proper holiday I always used to do a specific shop in the '3-for-2' section for easy holiday reading. And I do read heavier stuff at home that I wouldn't struggle through on a beach!

Gosh, it's been way too long since we had a proper holiday. How depressing!

Also on the depressing front, my order from Stitching Bits and Bobs STILL hasn't arrived and I think it's probably lost... If it is, it'll be the third package in a year that's not arrived here, and I'm going to have to either insure everything or only order from my LNS - both expensive options. I'm still waiting for my FOTM from Silkweaver too... *sigh*

I'm off to cheer myself up with a look through my stash :) I may even start an ornament for an ornament SAL. Purely for mental health reasons you understand :)

Comments

  1. I can wholeheartedly sympathise with you about receiving stash from overseas ... I'm still waiting for my Silkweaver order (FOTM) that was supposedly being shipped to them from Lakeside Linens on 24Jan, then shipped straight to me the next week ... um, 3 weeks later and no sign ... hmmm. Sometimes it's very frustrating living at the 'ends of the earth' - I just can't justify buying my threads etc locally at twice the price of the US stores! Mind you at least you have a great LNS on your doorstep with The Embroiderer :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts