Coffee break...


I was going to post this yesterday, but couldn't seem to get it to load. Some people have been sharing their morning coffee cup, so here are ours. My mum bought these for me a few years ago now (probably when book 4 came out - I can't quite remember), and they're my favourite coffee mugs because they hold just a little bit more than all the rest! We have a proper espresso machine (we got it FREE with points [FlyBuys] we collected from shopping at the supermarket!!) and I love my proper coffee in the morning!

On to Image hosted by Photobucket.com Two week's worth in one go to try to catch up!

Finishing
1. Do you finish every book you start, no matter how bad it gets? Why?
Almost always. I can't remember not finishing a book, but I think I must have given up on one or two. I don't know why I bother really. Maybe I'm being optimistic and hoping it'll get better! I'm quite picky about my reading though, so it's not very often I get a really bad book.
2. Do you ever sneak-read the ending before you finish the book? If so, what about the book tends to cause you to do so?
I don't exactly sneak-read the ending, but if a book is getting tedious I sometimes flip ahead to see what's coming up. Of course it spoils the book and I always wish I hadn't done it, but I still do it!

Autographs
1. Do you have any books that are signed by the author?
I don't, but Martin does. He has a book on Emerson Lake and Palmer that's signed by the authors and Carl Palmer and Keith Emerson. And Keith Emerson also signed his autobiography for Martin.
2. Do you have a story behind the autograph?
Just that we met the authors and Carl Palmer at a book signing. Then a year or so later we were going to see Keith Emerson play in Cambridge, and Martin won a competition to meet him afterwards so he took the books along to be signed. The funny thing is that Don Airey (a really good keyboardist, currently playing in Deep Purple) was also there to meet Keith, and he was just as much a fan as Martin. He got Martin to take a photo of him and Keith and email it to him! Martin got to meet two famous stars for the price of one!

Comments

  1. Yum, Nikki, espresso every morning in a Harry Potter cup - true magic. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts