Stitching Bloggers questions

I don't usually answer these, but the last two caught my eye:

Do you stitch "over one?" If so, describe your experiences. If not, have you considered it?

Gosh yes! I love it! I'm not sure what my first over one experience was, but I really got into it last year when I tried my first Heaven and Earth Designs chart. Then I did two exchanges over one, and now I'll consider just about anything done over one.

I'm currently doing three HAED charts (one big and two small), with another big one waiting in the wings, and a Character Creations chart over one. Then I plan to start the Carriage House Samplings alphabet over one soon as a SAL with Karen, and I really think I'll do The Token over one too (go and vote in my poll in the sidebar if you haven't already!).

I don't know why I love it so much. Maybe it's the not having to think about over two threads, or the stitching with a single strand. It's certainly easier in my opinion, though I know a lot of people won't agree!

Have you ever participated in a needlework mystery (i.e., a design that you started before knowing how it will look in the end and by which you receive parts of the design via the internet, magazines, or leaflets at spaced intervals)? If so, why did you decide to do the mystery? What appealed to you about it? Did you enjoy it? If you have not done a mystery, would you ever do one?

Yes, I have done a mystery. My first was a mini mystery from Chatelaine, and as much as I enjoyed it, I don't think I'll do another one right from scratch without seeing any of it. I did join Mystery VIII (another Chatelaine) when it was only a quarter done, but I loved the start and the colours and couldn't see how I could not love the rest (I do!). And I did the same with Midi I when I saw part 1. That one I'm not so sure about - I like it but if I'd seen it all I probably wouldn't have joined. So, I'm going to wait until I can see the whole design before doing any more Chatelaine mysteries. They're great fun, but risky, and they are too expensive to not love once done.

I am doing the freebie Quaker Mystery now though. I really don't think you can go wrong with a Quaker mystery. You can pick your own fabric and colours and as long as you like Quaker motifs it'll be great. Part three is out now and I love it! Looking forward to working on it when I finish Alpine and my RR commitments!

Comments

Popular Posts