April stitching report

Well, the big news for April was obviously that I finished Alpine Seasons Garden!! I looked back on my April goals, and I actually exceeded my own expectations - not sure how that happened, I'm usually far too ambitious! Here they were:

April goals
1. Finish Alpine Seasons done!
2. Start Renée's RR (I'd like to get it done but that might be a bit ambitious) finished and sent!
3. Make progress on the Sampler Lady exchange finished and ready to send!

I also made a little progress on The Token, reasonable progress on Earth (she's 29% done now!), and started a Merry Cox Shaker Spool Holder SAL.

I didn't get very far with the spool holder - I need some opinions. The instructions suggest cutting the floss for the flowers so they all look the same when stitched. That's what the model looks like. I'm stingy with my silk threads, so I wasn't going to do that. But having done three, I think they'll look a bit crazy all different. More Harlequin than Shaker. Shall I frog (over 1 on 32ct - arrgh!) and stitch matching flowers? I think I probably should...

Comments

  1. I think you should leave them random. I doubt a Shaker person would have cut and wasted thread to make them look the same and I think it adds to the charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't cut mine either, I liked the more random look of the thread.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts