Christmas fun

No Photo Hunt this week for me. The theme was 'annoying' and I couldn't find something suitable. Next door's dog would do right now but the horrid yappy thing is hidden behind the fence. Same with the people across the road who've got their boat engine running in the driveway...

So, here's a bit of Christmas fun I found over on Jenna's blog...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Definitely wrapping paper. I like bows and ribbons and stuff too but we've economised this year and used old paper and no fancy stuff.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Preferably a real one with roots so you can put it out in the garden to grow each year. We have a fake one though as trees with roots are hard to find.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Somewhere around the second week of December, maybe earlier or later depending how Christmassy I feel.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Twelfth night.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I don't think I've ever had it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I can remember getting a box set of 5 books one year. And a Meccano set another. And one year I got a craft kit to make up an owl!

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, a tiny wooden carved one I bought in Oberammergau (Germany).

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My mum.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
A couple of my close friends - I can spot something and know it's 'them' right away.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
My mum and dad are the king and queen of tasteless presents! I think the plastic marmalade jar was the worst - I don't even like marmalade...

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, but I am sending some email because of finances.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Holiday Inn. I love old movies!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Not til November if possible.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Only to the charity shop! (Guess where the plastic marmalade jar went!)

15. Favorite thing to eat and drink at Christmas?
The traditional turkey with stuffing, roast potatoes, carrots, sausages wrapped with bacon, gravy, etc. And champagne for breakfast!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Coloured!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at home but with the mums and dads to visit.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
No!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have an angel but I like both.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Well, we used to open one each on Christmas Eve by ourselves and save the rest til Christmas Day. As there's no presents under the tree yet this year I'm not sure we'll be opening anything other than a bottle of wine!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Christmas adverts on the TV. They create so much pressure to have this impossibly perfect day.

23. Favorite thing about the Christmas holidays?
The traditions and colours in the gloom of winter. (Of course that doesn't work over here!)

24. Most memorable gift?
Lots of nice things but nothing that stands out above the rest (except maybe that marmalade jar.....) LOL!

25. What’s the one thing you seem to never get done at Christmas time?
Bake a Christmas cake. I've been meaning to bake my gran's recipe for years - maybe next year....

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this, I had to laugh about the Marmalade Jar lets hope you don't get a matching one this year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this worked, I have tried leaving comments about your day with Jo but they were not for happening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you go, your answer to the reindeer question. I had to remember them for a nativity play at the church when I little and I have never forgotten them:

    Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Donder, Blitzen, Comet and Cupid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts