January ornament

Well, this one seemed to take forever to do, and I haven't done the finishing, but here's my ornament for the SAL. Cute isn't he?!



It's Santa Star by Lavender Wings from the 2002 JCS ornament issue. I didn't do all the backstitching as I didn't think it added anything (and I hate backstitching!) and I left off the stars as I want to make it into a star-shaped ornament. It's stitched on a bit of Silkweaver linen from a treat bag - I think it's 28ct.

I'm not counting it towards the project challenge until I finish it off but I was too tired yesterday. One of the neighbours had a teenage party that was incredibly loud. We rang noise control (we weren't the first to ring apparently!) and they came round, but it started up again as soon as the guard left of course. By the time they eventually got them under control I think it was almost 4am. I actually fell asleep in the end. Alcohol, a horde of bored teenagers, summer holidays, cars and nowhere to go, a really hot night and probably drugs by the sound of the screaming and absolute hysterics make for one big party... It was VERY quiet over there yesterday!

Comments

  1. Very cute ornament! Congrats on the finish.

    Teenage parties are the worst, they just don't know how to control themselves, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Nicki :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable! He does look rather labour intensive, but worth it! Now I want to stitch him too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Congratulations, what a lovely ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cute finish!

    We sold our first house because of noise problems, one time the music next door was so loud our house was vibrating. Bet you're glad you'll soon be moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:45 pm

    Very cute! Sorry you've had noise problems - I hate it when we can't sleep because of inconsiderate neighbours. Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Santa is just adorable! Are you going to finish him in a star shape?
    I'm going to have to add him to my list to try this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww he's cute, Nicki :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:59 am

    Love your ornament. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh very cute little Santa! I can't wait to see how you finish him.

    Sorry to hear you had such a rough night with your neighbours. Missing a good night's sleep is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! The SAL was so much fun and really got me motivated this weekend! Thanks so much for organizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think it needs anything else either...

    Really cute!!

    Hugs

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  13. santa is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Santa is very cute :)

    Eh, noisy inconsiderate neighbours! We had a bunch of "young adults" living next door to us (back in Aus) at one stage, and they were always loud even doing every day things!! I think the landlord got sick of all the complaints from the neighbours because they weren't there for very long :)

    I always used to get my own back by making lots of noise in the garden or getting a bunch of kids over after one of their parties - heh, heh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your santa ornie-too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts