Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January stitching report

Here's this month's stitching report...

Finished
Coffee Menu (Little House Needleworks)
Strawberry Garden (Blackbird Designs)

Finished stitching but need finishing
Santa Star
A birthday gift

Started
Toccata II SAL
Quaker Friendship RR round 1
Another birthday gift

Made progress on
Pompeii Garden
Spring Snapperland
Napoleon
CHS alphabet
Tomboy

No new stitching to share. I've actually had a couple of days when I haven't got any done! Yesterday was one - we went to see Cirque du Soleil perform Varekai. It was a late birthday treat for Martin and an early one for me. It was amazing! It's the second time we've seen them (we saw Saltimbanco in London a few years ago), but the first time in the tent - Le Grand Chapiteau. I really, really recommend it if you can go. I wish we'd been able to go the last couple of years when they've been here. They really are superb!

7 comments:

  1. You've accomplished some incredible feats in stitching this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the top of my b/day list too :) ... but we couldn't afford it, I'm definitely going to see one of those shows, one day ...

    You've accomplished lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at all those stitchy accomplishments! Congrats!

    I love Cirque! Living so close to D.C., they come around here every 12-18 months or so but the tickets sell out really fast!

    How much do you have done on Napoleon? I have a HUGE Golden Kite chart, but I've not gotten around to starting the beast... it's massive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure did have a productive month! Congratulations :-) Love the Ornament SAL, thanks again for setting it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching month for you!

    I saw Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas a few years ago - it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your progress this month and your two finishes! I am taking Eric to see Cirque de Soleil's Corteo for Valentine's Day. We've gone to see their shows a couple of times and they are awesome - glad you enjoyed Varekai!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you got a chance to see Varekai - Mum and I went to see Alegria when they came 'down under' and loved it. Might have to see if I can get into Varekai closer to the dates as well, seeing as you've given it such a great revue ;) It was interesting reading your blended needle issues with your over-one too ... I'm going to have the same problem with my Macaw, and not sure how I'm going to deal with it yet - perhaps find an Anchor thread in the middle of the two shades or something. You've made great progress already :D

    ReplyDelete