Sue (*Hi Sue! I'm wafting some sunshine and hot air in your direction in return for that snow!*) asked how much I got done on Napoleon. Well, not much really! I did a couple of hundred stitches last year and promptly ran out of 3052. Then I did two days last month. I have a nice green blob........
It's going to take forever! The stitches aren't the neatest and that's because half are cross stitch and half are tented in the same direction as the top leg of my cross stitch. No, I've not lost it completely - that's to get round the blended colours issue.
Some of the colours are a blend of two, but I wanted to stitch 1 over 1 on 25ct. I asked around and suggestions included doing one leg of the stitch in the darker colour and the top in the lighter, or tent stitch with 2 threads.
Well I tried the two-coloured cross first, but the stitches are so small you couldn't see the bottom colour at all and lost the shading effect.
I thought about trying to split the DMC threads into thinner ones and blending those together, but that was plain silly!
I didn't want to do it all in tent stitch as that would mean using a frame and I stitch in hand.
So, it's mostly cross stitch with a bit of backwards tent stitch for the blended colours. I think it works.....