J is for.... Jump!

Here's my block from this weekend's SAL with Karen. It was J this week. Not my favourite of the blocks originally but I ended up really liking it as I changed it! I'm sorry the photo isn't very good. I seem to have lost my photo mojo...


First, I decided to change the boy into the middle into a girl for me. Then she had to have a red dress, red shoes, and dark hair. Then I decided to make the other figures my mum and dad - so blue for my mum and green and grey for my dad. We're all holding hands as we jump too!

I have a new SAL to start today. Lina and I enjoyed working on Strawberry Garden so much we're going to SAL together on some of our WIPs. First Winter's Eve, then Evening in the Park (Mystery VIII).

Thanks for the comments on my last post. Some of those are big things to share but it seemed the right time!

Comments

  1. I love your changes to Jump. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block looks great. And it's even more special that you personalized it.

    I've done Winter's Eve and it's a very impressive piece. It didn't even take that long. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your personalisation of the Jump block :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Your changes really worked out well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:15 pm

    I love what you did with Jump! I might have to steal some of your ideas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how you adapted Jump. I'd steal your ideas, but I'd have to put in two fathers, and that wouldn't fit. Actually, I planned to do my three kids for this one when I *finally* get around to stitching this project. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these all stitched together, and like your personalisation of 'Jump'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nicki I just saw you were a finalist in the Silkweaver Showcase - Congratulations!!!

    I'm so glad you are picking up Winter's Eve again. I just love the doves at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:02 am

    CHS Alphabet looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nicki! I love the way you have adapted Jump to suit you. It looks great.

    Looking forward to seeing your progress on Winter's Eve. I stitched this and loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute block you re-created Nicki :) *Hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great personalisation of the block :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. J is for Jump is really cute and I love the way that you made it your own. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your J block looks really nice, I love what you have done with the little people and I guess the girl would wear a red dress :-)) It is really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts