Monday, March 12, 2007

March HAED SAL Challenge

It was the SAL Challenge on the HAED board this weekend, so out came Tomboy for a couple of days. I didn't spent a huge amount of time of her this month so I'm pleased with what I got done - a chunk of the wall on the left. I also used the Glissen Gloss I got given recently and it was so much better for the sparkle - thanks Jeannie-Maree!


She's folded up with her threads and chart now ready to go in the suitcase. I plan to work on her quite a bit while we're waiting for our belongings to arrive in the UK (due end of May).

Also packed up ready to travel are my Blackstone Fantasy Garden threads and fabric. I have a poll in my sidebar that's been there for a while and I had to laugh at you voters - the Blackstone new start was winning by a mile until very recently. You're not helping me reduce my WIP list! I played with floss this morning and I have a selection of autumnal cottons and silks to use. It'll be fun!

17 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, Tomboy is looking wonderful. Terry saw the picture over my shoulder and his comment was "that looks high res." I told him it was an HAED and he responded with "oooh, it's huge." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks gorgous! You've got a long way to go though. Can't wait to see more of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks awesome!! i love how well the fullsize chart is turning out, i knew it would.
    so you like the glissen gloss??
    i might have to send you a going away present of a few cards of it to be able to do all of tomboy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such detail! Tomboy is looking great, Nicki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomboy is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Tomboy, you're doing an incredible job with her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's looking lovely, great progress

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tommyboy looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tomboy is looking brilliant Nicki! I use the glissen gloss too and it's so much better than Kreinik BF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is looking wonderful, Nicki!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh, she's looking fabulous! I wished I looked that good :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's stunning - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tomboy looks great - you would think you're looking at a photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks incredible, Nicki!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tomboy... *drools* Once my Glissengloss arrives I just may have to get mine out, too! She's GORGEOUS! And you're starting Blackstone! YEAH! You're not going to be able to put it down, I promise! Tracy's charts are so amazingly awesome to read... great for planes! I can't wait to see how yours turns out! *HUGS!*

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just amazing. It looks like a photograph. Incredible. Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  17. she is looking amazing, I love this design more & more each time I see it, especially in black & white

    Carrie x

    ReplyDelete