Meet Gilbert

It's been a busy week. I started my job in Cambridge on Wednesday and so time at home has diminished rapidly! It's been great so far - just what I need - and Cambridge is a wonderful city to work in. I will have to cut down my internet time though so I'm afraid I won't be able to visit and comment on as many blogs. I hope you all understand.

The great thing is that although I have less stitching time I do get more reading time on the train. Very handy as I've got two read-a-longs coming up.

First up is the Summer Mystery Reading Challenge. The idea is to read six mysteries by authors whose works you haven’t read before between June 1st and August 31st. I've already finished my first - Death by Darjeeling by Laura Childs - a nice cosy mystery that was fun easy reading. I'll probably read more in the series when I can.

The second is the Harry Potter Read Along. One book a week so we're ready for book 7. We start tomorrow!

No stitching photos to share as I've been secret stitching when I can. Instead I thought I'd show you a photo of our neighbour. This is Gilbert. He lives next door but comes in daily for a bit of food and a catnip fix. Luckily Lulu and Polo remember him and get on well with him. He's a lovely cat but a real tart!

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:40 am

    Ooh, I might have to join in with the SMRC - I have 4 books on my bookshelf which fit the criteria already! This might give me the incentive to get some of them read ;)

    Glad the job is going well :) Gilbert is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture of Gilbert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you my little Death by Darjeeling story. When our Borders bookstore opened, I bought myself DbD along with a few other interesting looking mysteries. Then we went back a month or two later and I accidently bought it again forgetting I had already read it - no problem, I gave it to my MIL for Christmas. Fast forward to my Sydney trip this year, bored in the city I walked into a book shop and bought (you guessed it). So now I have two sitting on my bookshelf. When I read you had read it I thought I had better warn you of its propensity to multiply! I do like the tea shop mysteries though.

    Gilbert is a gorgeous cat. You can see he's a bit of a floozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicki,
    How I envy you that train trip of time when you can only read. What a blissful space of time! Can you get to a diner section with tea???
    That would just cinch the whole deal for me! Enjoy...:)) And, do keep sneaking a stitch in here and there, as well!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased to hear the job is going great ...pretty good about getting to read on the train, I think I might get the DbD book today. Gilbet looks a lovely dovey thanks for showing us him :-)
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well... helloooo, Gilbert! He sure doesn't look shy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts