Changing projects

It was time for my Monday SAL with Lina yesterday, so out came... Winter's Eve! Lina and I are working on part 6 now before we both move back to stitching Evening in the Park.



For those of you who don't know, we've had a rather complicated SAL process.

We started SALing on Strawberry Garden by Blackbird Designs, and enjoyed it so much we wanted to carry on with something else. We'd both started Evening in the Park (Mystery VIII) and I had started Winter's Eve and Lina had it kitted up.

It was so hot and humid in January in New Zealand when we were deciding what to do I asked if we could work on Winter's Eve, as it was smaller. A huge bit of fabric with silks in hot weather is just icky!

I had started Winter's Eve already, so I carried on until I finished part 5 then switched to Evening in the Park while Lina was catching up. Now she's finished part 5 we're both working on part 6 together to finish it. Then we'll both work on Evening in the Park, though Lina is still way ahead of me on that one and I have some catching up still to do!

Eventually we'll have finished two Chatelaines together, one Monday at a time!

And on the subject of Chatelaines - don't forget to vote in the poll in the sidebar. I have a craving to start a new Chatelaine but I'm not letting myself unless I finish at least one of the current WIPs!

Comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Nicki! And the thought of actually finishing two Chatelaine designs is incredibly impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOo, Winter's Eve is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter's Eve is gorgeous Nicki:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puts aside halo (darn thing never fit anyway) which Chatelaine do you want to start?

    And what about Pompeii - you had such a wonderful start on that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winters Eve is looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely piece of work, and how nice to do it together with someone. How do you plan to finish it? I really appreciate your help about my pillow question. That link to the bourse lesson showed me exactly what to do - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, "a rather complicated SAL process". But I guess it's true :)

    I'm still enjoying our Monday SALs. I hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Winter's eve looks so pretty and delicate... but then all Chatelaines do! Over a few years I stitched a bunch of Chatelaines. One large mystery, one midi and about 5 midis. I think I must of burnt myself out because I've had no desire to pick up another Chatelaine since!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea, Nicki! I'm so close to finishing my Winter's Eve, too. I may tag along with you for some inspiration! I think it's amazing that you two will be getting 2 Chatelaines done nearly the same time! Great!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. "One Monday at a time". What an inspiration that statement is to me. I had never seen Winter's Eve but love it. Good luck on the finish coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Winter's Eve. It is looking fantastic. Have fun with all those Chatelaines.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts