(Feel free to ignore this post - it's for record keeping mainly!)
Here we go again. Money is getting a bit tight round here so I'm limiting my spending. And I've found that the best way for me to do that is to do a challenge. Never fear - there are plenty of exemptions! And this only applies to charts - I'm keeping my FOTM unless money gets really tight!
So I'm back on the project challenge after completing 28 projects last time. I'm trying for 25 this time.
The Rules (copied from The Wagon):
1. Have fun reducing your stash.
2. There is no time limit - people have different size projects they would like to work on.
3. Thou shall not purchase any new patterns until 10, 25, or 50 projects have been stitched. Pattern size does not matter. WIPs and UFOs finishes count.
4. This challenge can also apply to knitting, beading, sewing and crocheting patterns.
5. You can make some exemptions - I am not placing limitations on this due to commitments that people might already have. Remember, though, the goal of this challenge is to reduce stash so too many exemptions will sabotage these efforts. I have declared three exemptions.
6. Gifts, gift cards, trades, RAKs and patterns bought with gift money are not a violation of this challenge. Patterns bought to make gifts for someone else are also exempt.
7. Freebies count as part of your total and you can acquire them at any point.
8. You do not have to declare the projects you intend to work on. (If listing would make you feel better please do so)
My exemptions are:
2. Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers.
3. Any HAED charts that are being discontinued and I absolutely MUST have!
For exchanges and RRs:
1. Charts for the next four seasonal exchanges I'm signed up for - only if I have absolutely nothing suitable for the recipient in my stash.
2. Charts for the LHN RR I'm signed up for - only if I have absolutely no charts that work on the RR in question.
3. Ackworth Friendship Book - only if I start up the RR I'm considering.
That seems a lot but better to think of everything now than fail in the challenge!
I'm going to count one block of Leanne's quilt as a finish, but not blocks of my Moda Madeira quilt as that's machine stitched. I'll count doing the whole top of that if I get that far. And I'm not counting the LHN RR either until the whole thing is done.
I should have my first finish soon - Season of Hope - so that'll get me off to a good start!
July 5th - I've decided not to count any finishes unless they mean I have actually stitched a chart and there's one less in my stash! So, no freebies or parts of charts or even no charts if I intend to stitch them again some time. This is now all about reducing stash!
25 Project Challenge finishes:
1. Season of Hope (LHN)
2. Spot of Spring (Drawn Thread)
3. Garden Flowers (Stone and Thread) - spring exchange for Barbara
4. Spot of Summer (Drawn Thread)
5. Where My Heart Blooms (Blackbird Designs)
6. Cappuccino (LHN)
7. Trick or Treat (Shepherd's Bush) - autumn exchange for Isabelle
8. Pumpkin Hill - Shepherd's Bush exchange for Paula
9. Secret Garden (Blackbird Designs)
10. Random Thoughts (Drawn Thread)
11. Carriage House Samplings alphabet blocks
12. Winghaven (Sheepish Designs)
13. Holly & Ivy Sampler (Country Cottage Needleworks)
14. Blackstone Fantasy Garden (Ink Circles)
15. Earth (HAED)
16. Caffe Latte (LHN)
17. Frappuccino (LHN)