A little patchwork

First up, to let you know that the Seasonal SAL blog has moved. It's now here on Blogger. A few people were having trouble posting pictures and I find Blogger templates easier to play with, so here it is. If you'd like to join, send me an email.

Something different to show you today. It's all Stephanie's fault! Well partly. To be honest, I've been having a patchwork craving for a bit and have been eyeing up jelly rolls. Anyway, Stephanie is going to try her hand at patchwork and quilting, so I thought it was high time I did a bit more on Leanne's House. And here's mini block 4.


There's something else in the photo though. Having sold some stuff on ebay I had some money in the paypal account and I bought one of those jelly rolls. It's Madeira by Blackbird Designs and I treated myself and got the tin to go with it.


Aren't the fabrics lovely? There's a pattern in the tin too - another reason for getting it - so I'm going to have a go over Easter in a mini quilt-a-long with Stephanie. Any other new quilters want to join us?

Comments

  1. Your block looks fabulous. That is a great tin of fabby to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, quilting!! I'm not daring enough (yet) but I'll love watching yours get underway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great to see you pull it out again and i love the tin you treated yourself too.
    just for a moment i had a tingle of wanting to pick up some of my patchwork, then i quickly squashed it down again
    hope to see more pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are at least equally to blame :) Well done on your mini-block - and that tin of Madeira fabrics is gorgeous - and with a pattern included? You couldn't not :) I'm now starting to really look forward to Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been itching to tinker with a bit of quilting for a while now but have so far fought the urge. Seeing that fabulous tin - I think I'm a gonner!! I'll have to find some wiggle room in the budget (I wonder how many days in a row a family can eat toasted cheese sandwiches?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that sounds like such fun. I need to finish some other quilts up before I make a start on my Leanne's House...but I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts